Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pippi and the Wild Thyme doll carrier

So what do you make for a three year old who loves blue, horses and flowers?  My first thought was to make a horse, so I order this Melly and Me pattern, and picked out this cute fabric. A great plan and well in advance, which is unusual for me!  Well, the more I thought about it, the more that I didn't feel like this was what I wanted to do.  So I scrapped the idea.

Well, I looked through all of my patterns and books before I settled on this cute little doll carrier pattern that I found in my One Yard Wonders book.  It was exactly what I wanted, the perfect way to carry your ponies around!  It was incredibly easy to make, it took very little time in fact.  This is definitely some thing that would make a great last minute gift.  I decided to use two coordinating fabrics instead of just one, and with the extra fabric I even made a little blanket to go with it!  I think she's going to enjoy carrying things around in it!!

*I bought my book from Barnes and Noble.  The Barnes and Noble book had an extra bonus section that included this pattern.  So unfortunately unless you purchased your copy from B&N, it won't be in there.

9 comments:

  1. I adore your doll carrier :) I may have to get a copy of that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It apparently was a special addition at the end of the books purchased at Barnes and Noble. So simple to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah that explains it. I got the book today, but that pattern is not in it! very cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! A friend bought me the book and no pattern :( That stinks. I really wanted to make this carrier. I wish I would have seen your comment before she got it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surprised to find the added section in my book. I didn't realize when I purchased it that there were different versions either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I emailed storey publishing to question it. I still love the carrier you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy I found this post! I just started making the baby doll carrier last night, and I'm wondering if my measurements were off because when I went to sew the first side panel to the first oval, there wasn't enough side panel to make it around...Did you have any problems with it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!! I did have the same problem. I ended up just making the center section smaller, even then, it was still a little off. I will definitely make the sides longer next time. That aside, it was really easy to make and the result was really cute! I'm happy that I made it, and will make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew...I thought I was crazy! I'll do the same then:)

    ReplyDelete