Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sew Hip Kids

As you know, I love to sew and make things.  I've been selling my designs since 2007. This past weekend I was invited to sell some of my things at a small venue.  It was lots of fun, and I wanted to share some pictures with you.  I will be selling at another show in November and after that I will probably put some thing in my Etsy shop...so if you see anything you are interested in, let me know!

I had a variety of things that I make available on Saturday.  There were skirts and aprons.

This corduroy skirt, which happened to be my favorite, used brown birds from Robert Kaufmans Cool Cords line.  I made matching hair clips to go with the skirts.  I love them!!



You can see them in the top portion of the picture below.  I made them in a blue colorway to match the blue bird skirt as well.


 
These little apple hair clips are so cute!  I am seriously considering making one for myself.  Is that crazy?

 
This hair clip display board was made from an old ikea print that had ripped and landed in our trash pile.  I rescued it and stowed it away in a closet until it hit me that I could use it to display the hair clips.  I love this fabric.  It's from Tina Givens Fairy Tip Toes line.

 
This little display stand is based on a really cool one that my friend B has.  (She also painted the sign hanging above for a show we did last year...she is SO talented!!)  It worked great for displaying this fun skirt.  Again, what would you think of a mommy sized version of this skirt?  I really want one...

 
There was even a little section of "gourmet" felt food items!  My kids play with felt foods I've made on a daily basis, in fact, they even snagged a pot and some pasta that I had intended to display on the little stove top!



I had a nice long nap after it was over.  Sunday had no plans, so we just stayed home and I attempted to make sense of the chaos that is my "sewing studio"

No comments:

Post a Comment